Our company, Service Planning Corporation (SPC), has been in business since 1990 and is known for its capabilities as an employee-benefits and financial-services consulting firm throughout Florida and other areas.
We serve both the business and individual markets, providing a wide range of insurance, retirement, investment, and benefits products and services. I approach the commercial market as a business consultant, and I am driven to help clients formulate and implement strategies that will meet their company’s specific needs.
I am proud that our growth in the commercial market is driven by referrals from clients. That has also helped us grow our individual practice. I believe that current clients recognize the positive attributes of our firm, and I know that they contribute to our strong business retention. These include factors such as our professional knowledge and experience, transparency, commitment to being proactive, and our goal of providing best-in-class service.
We have a tight-knit staff at SPC, and I like to think that we treat each other as we would treat our own family members. We work toward the common goal of serving our clients and focus on creating high levels of client satisfaction that lead to long-term business retention.
In addition to these factors, we have several specific operating practices that help foster client retention:
- We proactively schedule regular reviews with our clients based on their needs.
- We emphasize building a desirable workplace environment and the opportunity for individual employee growth. Our average employee tenure is over 10 years, and clients appreciate our low employee turnover rate.
- We sponsor periodic client seminars, webinars, and appreciation events.
- We publish a quarterly client newsletter and provide timely regulatory and market updates. We invest heavily in technology and information systems.
- We try to respond to all client inquiries within one business day, track status in our sophisticated client management system, and provide regular updates to clients.
- Although each client is assigned to a lead account manager, we work as a team. All employees are eligible for a quarterly bonus that is calculated based on several factors, including client satisfaction and business retention.
- Focus on proactivity and service excellence to drive client satisfaction and retention.
- Encourage the firm’s employees to be a stakeholder in business retention success.
- Develop operating guidelines that foster strong communication and information-sharing with clients.
Disclosure: Securities offered solely through Ameritas Investment Corp. (AIC). Member FINRA/SIPC. AIC and Service Planning Corporation (SPC) are not affiliated. Investment advisory services offered solely through 20/20 Capital Management Inc. AIC and SPC are not affiliated with 20/20 Financial Advisers LLC or 20/20 Capital Management Inc. Additional products and services may be available through 20/20 Financial Advisers or 20/20 Capital Management Inc. that are not offered through AIC. Representatives of AIC, 20/20 CMI, or 20/20 FA do not provide tax or legal advice. Please consult your tax advisor or attorney regarding your situation. Rick Magill, SPC, AIC, 20/20 CMI, & 20/20 FA are not affiliated with Proactive Advisor Magazine.
Photography by Jennifer Jones
As wealth management becomes increasingly holistic, more advisors are either enlisting the help of a certified financial therapist or enhancing their own communication and empathetic skills—or both.What do you do when clients agree to a financial plan and timetable...
While recent economic news is encouraging, no one has a crystal ball as to the market’s future performance. There is no better time to make sure clients’ risk-management plans are in place.In a recent Proactive Advisor Magazine article, the author (a successful...
According to the Q2 tracking study conducted by The Conference Board and The Business Council, CEO confidence has reached the highest level since the study started in 1976. The press release from The Conference Board reports CEO confidence “improved further in the...
Article highlights Inflation is not a one-off change in the price level caused by a short-term distortion to protect profit margins but is a persistent acceleration in prices. Pundits who are talking incessantly about the “Roaring Twenties” never tell anyone that for...