When I founded Maryland Wealth Management, I knew that potential clients interested in our firm would be likely to go to our website to find out about my background, the types of services and planning we offer, and our philosophy surrounding client service.
It was important to me to be transparent in what a client could expect and to set the tone from the start on the value we place on building strong relationships. I probably went through 30 different drafts before being satisfied with 10 principles that truly capture the way we want to work with clients.
These 10 relationship principles, directed to clients, form the foundation for our firm’s mission:
- Your relationship with us is paramount in every aspect.
- Your interests are our first priority, and we embrace that obligation.
- You will not own a product we have created.
- You will understand what you are paying in fees.
- Your money, securities, or assets will not be held by us.
- Your portfolio assets that we manage are visible at any time online.
- Your advisor is independent from any bank, investment instrument, insurance company, or custodian.
- Your performance is measured by an independent third party.
- Your securities and prices will only be furnished by a third party.
- Your goals are what guide us to lead you.
At the end of the day, we want to work with clients to help them take each step in their financial journey with trust, transparency, and passion. This attitude has served our firm well. My philosophy over the years has been that if you make yourself highly valuable to clients, not only will they benefit, but your business will grow.
- Advisory firm websites provide key information for prospective clients.
- A mission statement or guiding principles can help prospects understand an advisor’s philosophy on serving clients.
Disclosure: Securities and investment advisory services offered through Founders Financial Securities LLC. Member FINRA, SIPC, and registered investment advisor.
This article first published in Proactive Advisor Magazine on Sept. 3, 2020, Volume 27, Issue 9.
Photography by Roy Cox
Ivan Illan, AIF, CFS • Los Angeles, CAAligne Wealth Advisors Investment Management (AWAIM)Read full biography belowProactive Advisor Magazine: Ivan, what influences shaped your career?It starts with my family, which was inspirational in many ways. My parents came to...
Rules-based investment management—and a holistic portfolio approach—can help advisors guide clients through market “noise” and volatile investment environments.Like many other investors, I am always interested in what drives the equity and fixed-income markets on a...
According to Bloomberg radio on Monday, Sept. 19, the average analyst estimate for the S&P 500’s closing level by year-end 2022 stands at 4,346. Based on the S&P 500 close at 3,873 on Friday, Sept. 16, that represents a very healthy rally of 12% by the end of...
igure 1 presents a chart I have been watching very closely and sharing in my Daily Edition newsletter. It presents multiple perspectives and has a great lesson on a couple of important chart analysis...