- having a big-picture financial blueprint, setting financial goals, and simplifying one’s financial life;
- planning for emergencies and what-if worst-case scenarios;
- eliminating consumer debt, building one’s credit score, and seeking financial knowledge;
- investing for happiness now and in the future through basic strategies such as thinking long-term, diversifying, being systematic, and being tax- and cost-efficient; and
- giving back to others and leading a values-based and purpose-driven life.
I incorporate many of these principles in my work with clients as part of our holistic financial-planning approach. I enjoy working with clients who are values-driven and proactively seek to improve their lives and the lives of those they care about. I think this permeates everything we do in our practice and has been an integral part of our ability to build long-term relationships with clients who share a similar perspective.
- Provide process-driven financial advice that resonates with clients’ values.
- Build long-term relationships with clients who proactively want to improve their lives.
- Develop a big-picture financial blueprint.
Disclosure: Registered representative and investment advisor representative of and securities offered through OneAmerica Securities, Inc., a registered investment advisor, member FINRA, SIPC. Resonant Financial Planning is not an affiliate of OneAmerica Securities and is not a broker-dealer or registered investment advisor. Provided content is for overview and informational purposes only and is not intended and should not be relied upon as individualized tax, legal, fiduciary, or investment advice. Investing involves risk, which includes potential loss of principal. The use of asset allocation or diversification does not assure a profit or guarantee against a loss.
Photography by Glenn Ricks
Oscar Alvarez, CFP, CCPS • Newport News, VA Pathway Financial Planning • Pathway Financial Planning Inc. Read full biography below Proactive Advisor Magazine: Oscar, please talk about your path to becoming a financial advisor.I grew up in San Antonio in a close-knit...
Completion of the Chartered Market Technician (CMT) program reinforces this advisor’s fundamental investment philosophy: Capture as much of the upside as possible during healthy markets, while mitigating the downside in unhealthy markets.[dropcap style="font-size:...
ccording to the University of Michigan’s Index of Consumer Sentiment, U.S. consumers are feeling more positive about the combination of current and future economic conditions than at any other period in the...
Market breadth leading price: Positive NYSE Advance-Decline Line divergences since 1940 and their implicationsWhile it is often recited in technical analysis circles that market breadth should ideally lead price in healthy uptrends, it is rarely observed. Before 2019,...