Before providing financial services to individual clients, I had a 20-year-long career in strategic financial planning and analysis for corporations. I think my background helped me develop the skills to look at the big picture, analyze trends, and apply management tools to increase revenues and control costs. That is essentially the approach that I have translated into financial planning on the individual and small-business levels.
As a relatively new firm in the Atlanta area, we have had success in growing our client base. Our clients are varied in terms of age, income, careers, and assets, but we typically work with families that have relatively good incomes—likely dual wage earners—and children still living at home. We do a lot of work with small-business owners, corporate executives and managers, and federal employees.
- Use LinkedIn to gain new clients among Atlanta federal employees:
- Create and deliver a financial newsletter to targeted LinkedIn members; provide timely updates on changing financial markets.
- Host webinars on financial topics relevant to this segment.
- The importance of budgeting, cash-flow management, and saving “even when you can’t afford it.”
- Finding efficient ways to help fund education expenses for your children.
- How to prepare for the transition to retirement.
- Smart financial-planning tips “every parent should know” (and wish their parents had told them).
- Share financial-based content with targeted LinkedIn members to help grow your book of business.
- Host a series of financial seminars for the public about financial planning in all stages of life.
- Develop relationships with other trusted professionals through networking.
- Engage and educate targeted client segments about financial planning and consulting for retirement plans.
Disclosure: Securities and investment advisory services are offered solely through registered representatives and investment advisor representatives of Ameritas Investment Corp. (AIC), a registered broker-dealer, member FINRA/SIPC, and a registered investment advisor. AIC is not affiliated with Blue Clover Financial LLC. Additional products and services may be available through Blue Clover Financial LLC that are not offered through AIC. Representatives of AIC do not provide tax or legal advice. Please consult your tax advisor or attorney regarding your situation. Proactive Advisor Magazine (PAM) is not affiliated with either entity.
Photography by Lynsey Weatherspoon
Ernesto Ramirez • Coral Gables, FL OneMiami Financial Group • OneAmerica Securities Inc. Read full biography belowProactive Advisor Magazine: Ernesto, how do you define your role in working with clients at OneMiami Financial Group?I am a full-service financial advisor...
9 reasons most investors lack the discipline to succeed. teven M. Sears, senior editor and columnist with Barron’s, took a hard look at investor behavior—both typical shortcomings and the unique qualities...
he third-quarter earnings season kicked off in earnest this week, but going-in expectations were for a lackluster performance. According to one analyst interviewed this week on Bloomberg Radio, the lack of...
riting covered calls is not one of our normally recommended strategies. We prefer ratio writing (or the equivalent) since it is a more neutral strategy. However, writing covered calls is a strategy practiced...